Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 66
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Lets stop the Manti Te'o crazy talk now!

  1. #31
    csyzero's Avatar
    csyzero is offline
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    340


    Yes!

  2. #32
    Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,130
    Te'o might move up my board ahead of Jarvis Jones, but still behind Star Lotulelei.

    Still a long wayz to go till the draft.

    I"ll be watching Te'o every move @ the title game.

  3. #33
    Raiderborn89 is offline Banned
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Terrific View Post
    Te'o might move up my board ahead of Jarvis Jones, but still behind Star Lotulelei.

    Still a long wayz to go till the draft.

    I"ll be watching Te'o every move @ the title game.
    Enjoy kirk morrison 2.0, no tackles at the line or rushing the gap, just a solid linebacker who will make a tackle 5-6 yards past the line.
    TarHeelRaider likes this.

  4. #34
    Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderborn89 View Post
    Enjoy kirk morrison 2.0, no tackles at the line or rushing the gap, just a solid linebacker who will make a tackle 5-6 yards past the line.
    First of all Kirk Morrison wasn't starting material in this league, he was to smal to play in the NFL. Thanks to the wonderful scouting depertment of the Raiders he was given a starting job. You have have your issues with Te'o, but he is not Kirk freakin Morrison. Morrison was a 3rd round pick, not even close to the stature of a Te'o. Pretty ignorant statement to make. Morrison didn't shed blocks well, horrible in pass coverage, didn't wrapp well due to his technique, didn't have the size to take on bigger backs. Te'o is a much better in all facets to the game compared to Morrison. You never know what will happen in the NFL, but I can promise you he won't be Morrison or worst lol
    DustInTheWind likes this.

  5. #35
    Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,130

    Here you go

    RaiderAg and Metallica0688 like this.

  6. #36
    blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Terrific View Post
    First of all Kirk Morrison wasn't starting material in this league, he was to smal to play in the NFL. Thanks to the wonderful scouting depertment of the Raiders he was given a starting job. You have have your issues with Te'o, but he is not Kirk freakin Morrison. Morrison was a 3rd round pick, not even close to the stature of a Te'o. Pretty ignorant statement to make. Morrison didn't shed blocks well, horrible in pass coverage, didn't wrapp well due to his technique, didn't have the size to take on bigger backs. Te'o is a much better in all facets to the game compared to Morrison. You never know what will happen in the NFL, but I can promise you he won't be Morrison or worst lol
    Yes Te'o is not Morrison. Manti is a better prospect.
    Te'o doesn't shed blocks well. He has a solid line in front of him that protects him. Two of them which will easily go in the 1st round.
    If he played for us right now with the same DL, he will look like Kirk Morrison. Also he doesn't really play as big as he is. He is a solid LB but he isn't worth a top 10 pick.

    Someone like Patrick Willis was worth a top 10 pick..
    TarHeelRaider and Mr Terrific like this.

  7. #37
    Raiderborn89 is offline Banned
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by blah_blah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Terrific View Post
    First of all Kirk Morrison wasn't starting material in this league, he was to smal to play in the NFL. Thanks to the wonderful scouting depertment of the Raiders he was given a starting job. You have have your issues with Te'o, but he is not Kirk freakin Morrison. Morrison was a 3rd round pick, not even close to the stature of a Te'o. Pretty ignorant statement to make. Morrison didn't shed blocks well, horrible in pass coverage, didn't wrapp well due to his technique, didn't have the size to take on bigger backs. Te'o is a much better in all facets to the game compared to Morrison. You never know what will happen in the NFL, but I can promise you he won't be Morrison or worst lol
    Yes Te'o is not Morrison. Manti is a better prospect.
    Te'o doesn't shed blocks well. He has a solid line in front of him that protects him. Two of them which will easily go in the 1st round.
    If he played for us right now with the same DL, he will look like Kirk Morrison. Also he doesn't really play as big as he is. He is a solid LB but he isn't worth a top 10 pick.

    Someone like Patrick Willis was worth a top 10 pick..
    Thank you, some people just enjoy his "leadership qualities" and that forces them to overhype that players talents and strengths and ignore their flaws.
    Manti reminds me of kirk morrison, a steady lb who wont make huge plays for u but wont necessarily cost you the game either. His attitude makes him a top 10 pick but his talent makes him a 3rd round pick, too big of a difference to me. But say we trade back and in the 24-32 have a pick then hell yes I will take him.
    TarHeelRaider likes this.

  8. #38
    Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderborn89 View Post
    Thank you, some people just enjoy his "leadership qualities" and that forces them to overhype that players talents and strengths and ignore their flaws.
    Manti reminds me of kirk morrison, a steady lb who wont make huge plays for u but wont necessarily cost you the game either. His attitude makes him a top 10 pick but his talent makes him a 3rd round pick, too big of a difference to me. But say we trade back and in the 24-32 have a pick then hell yes I will take him.
    Kirk Morrison, lol.... Kirk Morrison is not even on the same level of a Te'o.

    Morrison did cost us games with his poor tackling, he was to small to take on big backs. The only reason Morrison got a starting job for years with the Raiders is the same reason, Thomas Howard, Tyler Brayton, Stuart Swaggert, STandford Routte, Patrick Bates, Aaron Wallace , is because AL Davis.... Morrison was a 3rd round pick. Te'o does shed block wells and does play hard . Don't try to diminish his career because you may believe he is an over acheiver. His game has gotten better @ ND. I'm not saying he will be an elite MLB hall of famer in the NFL, heck he isn't not even on the top of my board of who I want, but if you are going to say he will be a Kirk Morrison, then why don't you back it up, because Morrison was an atrocious LB. Morrison was horrible in pass coverage, horrible in shedding blocks, horrible at angles, horrible wrapping up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderborn89 View Post
    a steady lb who wont make huge plays for u but wont necessarily cost you the game either
    Te'o has made many huge plays for ND in crucial parts of the game, partly the reason why he is in the running for the heisman.

  9. #39
    Metallica0688's Avatar
    Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washougal,WA
    Posts
    1,906
    Here you go for Te'O is career stats for him and his bid to be the Heisman winner
    Career stats
    Year G-S TT UT AT TFL Sacks FF FR QBH PD PBU INT
    2009 12-10 63 29 34 5.5-25 1.0-12 0 0-0 1 1 1 0-0
    2010 13-13 133 66 67 9.5-34 1.0-7 1 0-0 3 3 3 0-0
    2011 13-13 128 52 66 13.5-36 5.0-23 1 0-0 4 2 2 0-0
    2012 12-12 103 52 51 5.5-19 1.5-13 0 2-8 4 11 4 7-35
    Career 50-48 427 209 218 34.0-114 8.5-55 2 2-8 12 17 10 7-35
    NOTES

    Team-high 98 tackles with 5.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, 6 interceptions, 4 pass breakups and two fumble recoveries
    Te'o has recorded six interceptions this year and is tied for second in the FBS in total interceptions
    Te'o has set a Notre Dame record for most interceptions in a season by a linebacker
    Only one FBS linebacker in the last 11 seasons has recorded more interceptions than the six tallied by Te'o
    Te'o has started 47 career games at Notre Dame, including 46 consecutive contests. That is the longest streak of any linebacker in the nation and fourth-longest of any defensive player in the country
    Only one player has recorded more takeaways this season than Te'o who has generated eight turnovers (six interceptions and two fumble recoveries)
    Te'o has played a role in 10 of the 21 turnovers forced by Notre Dame's defense (six interception, two fumble recoveries and hurried two passers on plays directly resulting in interceptions)
    Te'o leads the Irish with 98 tackles and is on pace to become only the second Notre Dame player to ever record at least 100 tackles in three seasons
    Leader of the defense ranked No. 1 in points allowed per game and No. 6 in yards allowed per game

    Here you go for Kirk Morrison is career in the NFL (Currently is a free agent as was released by the Bills)
    Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Sk Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Tkl Ast Sfty AV
    2005 23 OAK LLB 52 16 15 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2 0 0 91 25 7
    2006 24 OAK MLB 52 16 16 1.0 2 32 0 31 5 1 0 1 35 1 102 26 8
    2007 25 OAK MLB 52 16 16 1.0 4 94 0 45 10 0 1 1 0 0 96 24 8
    2008 26 OAK MLB 52 16 16 1.0 1 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 99 36 7
    2009 27 OAK MLB 52 16 16 2.0 3 1 1 8 0 109 24 7
    2010 28 JAX MLB 55 16 16 0 0 0 0 1 63 25 5
    2011 29 BUF 58 14 0 1.0 0 0 0 0 1 6 1 1
    2012 30 BUF 58 1 0

    Here is his college stats
    COLLEGE: Became the first two-time All-American at SDSU since Marshall Faulk (1991-93)...Four-time All-Mountain West Conference selection and two-time MWC Defensive Player of the Year...Played in 47 games, starting the final 43 contests...
    Finished his career with 396 tackles (241 solos), ranking second on the school's all-time tackle list...
    Also recorded 9.5 sacks for minus-54 yards and 40 stops for losses of 113 yards...
    Recovered 10 fumbles
    caused eight others,
    intercepted six passes
    had 11 pass deflections

  10. #40
    Sportsfreak13 is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1

    Dennis Allen defensive genius?

    This clown is making a mokery of the raiders D we made decent strides the last two seasons and it's mark Davis right to start new but this dude is on his way to becoming the biggest failure in raider coaching history and that's a long list. I cant even watch anymore Theres no hope for even a decent defensive game , Marty where r u?

  11. #41
    blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Terrific View Post
    Te'o does shed block wells
    No he doesn't.. He doesn't really have to because he has Louis Nix in front of him. With a good game, he could easily go as the 1st NT tackle in the up coming draft. He has Stephon Tuitt who could be in mix as one of the best DEs in the up coming draft if he wasn't a true sophomore. Kid is a MONSTER. One of the rare 3-4 DEs who can not only stuff the run, but actually be a pass rush threat. Lewis-Moore isn't exactly shabby. Te'o has 3 solid defensive linemen that protects him. In a RARE occasion that he had to face an offensive linemen in the 2nd level, he hasn't done so well.

    No one is denying Manti Te'o is the best MLB prospect in this year's draft. I don't agree with the guy stating that he is Kirk Morrison. He is a better prospect. But Manti is not the impact MLB worth a top 10 pick like Patrick Willis.

    If the Raiders don't address the defensive line, no matter what LB we get.. even if we some how got Patrick Willis or went back in time and got Ray Lewis at his best, no MLB will do well here.
    agular9 likes this.

  12. #42
    Metallica0688's Avatar
    Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washougal,WA
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by blah_blah View Post
    No he doesn't.. He doesn't really have to because he has Louis Nix in front of him. With a good game, he could easily go as the 1st NT tackle in the up coming draft. He has Stephon Tuitt who could be in mix as one of the best DEs in the up coming draft if he wasn't a true sophomore. Kid is a MONSTER. One of the rare 3-4 DEs who can not only stuff the run, but actually be a pass rush threat. Lewis-Moore isn't exactly shabby. Te'o has 3 solid defensive linemen that protects him. In a RARE occasion that he had to face an offensive linemen in the 2nd level, he hasn't done so well.

    No one is denying Manti Te'o is the best MLB prospect in this year's draft. I don't agree with the guy stating that he is Kirk Morrison. He is a better prospect. But Manti is not the impact MLB worth a top 10 pick like Patrick Willis.

    If the Raiders don't address the defensive line, no matter what LB we get.. even if we some how got Patrick Willis or went back in time and got Ray Lewis at his best, no MLB will do well here.
    Grabbing Te'O isn't about him helping the teams defense next year with his play or not .
    Grabbing him is Reggie is addressing exactly what he is came out and said he has very little of on his roster right now and that is LEADERS amongst his players .
    None other then Carson is shown to get into someone's face about their screw ups this season and especially on the defensive side of the ball .

    Say what you want about Manti is not being up there with Willis or Ray in his prime is physical abilities .

    He is bringing what Ray has and that is his Leadership traits and holding his fellow band of brothers Accountable for their play out on the field .

    That Reggie is trying to change the Culture of the team and its need for Leaders so unless there is a DEFENSIVE LINE player that can fill in this role like Manti then my guess is that Reggie is going to grab him here where ever it is we finish at in the Top 1-4 range if he is there . That he will still be able to grab him a solid NT in the 3rd rd or a pass rusher here and the 4th rd is got some corners there that will help us out too .

    But there is no doubt that Manti won't have earn the Respect of his fellow teammates by the end of training camp with his Work Ethic and his Passion for the game and getting into their faces when they screw up demanding they step-up their game .

  13. #43
    Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by blah_blah View Post
    No he doesn't.. He doesn't really have to because he has Louis Nix in front of him. With a good game, he could easily go as the 1st NT tackle in the up coming draft. He has Stephon Tuitt who could be in mix as one of the best DEs in the up coming draft if he wasn't a true sophomore. Kid is a MONSTER. One of the rare 3-4 DEs who can not only stuff the run, but actually be a pass rush threat. Lewis-Moore isn't exactly shabby. Te'o has 3 solid defensive linemen that protects him. In a RARE occasion that he had to face an offensive linemen in the 2nd level, he hasn't done so well.

    No one is denying Manti Te'o is the best MLB prospect in this year's draft. I don't agree with the guy stating that he is Kirk Morrison. He is a better prospect. But Manti is not the impact MLB worth a top 10 pick like Patrick Willis.

    If the Raiders don't address the defensive line, no matter what LB we get.. even if we some how got Patrick Willis or went back in time and got Ray Lewis at his best, no MLB will do well here.
    If you ever played football, if you are 250 lbs or less, and over a 300 lb lineman is coming straight @ you, the laws of physics would say that you would lose. Of course you need a NT or DT to hold his position on a lineman or even 2 to make life easier on your MLB, that goes for everyone. Ask Ray Lewis on how relieved he was when the Ravens drafted Ngata, that made life on Ray Lewis a lot easier, where he is free to roam & be in attack mode. Teo will need some help with getting some quality space eaters, hoping that Reggie will bring them in, that's if the Raiders draft him.
    Te'o does shed blocks, not saying he wins every battle, but I have seen him shed blocks in open space well. He does have great instincts for a mlb and doesn't have any fear of putting a lick on a back. The only problem I have seen from him is he take some bad angles and question his ability in pass coverage against some of the Te's in this game.

    Raiders need a leader on defense, I think Te'o can be a good leader. Raiders have many holes on this team, it's going to take a few years to fill up some of these holes, but also they would need a leader to help mold this team, having to raise the bar of the team with his leadership, competiveness and character.

    I'm looking forward to the BCS title game, I will be watching Te'o specifically
    ottomatic1 likes this.

  14. #44
    Metallica0688's Avatar
    Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washougal,WA
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Terrific View Post
    If you ever played football, if you are 250 lbs or less, and over a 300 lb lineman is coming straight @ you, the laws of physics would say that you would lose. Of course you need a NT or DT to hold his position on a lineman or even 2 to make life easier on your MLB, that goes for everyone. Ask Ray Lewis on how relieved he was when the Ravens drafted Ngata, that made life on Ray Lewis a lot easier, where he is free to roam & be in attack mode. Teo will need some help with getting some quality space eaters, hoping that Reggie will bring them in, that's if the Raiders draft him.
    Te'o does shed blocks, not saying he wins every battle, but I have seen him shed blocks in open space well. He does have great instincts for a mlb and doesn't have any fear of putting a lick on a back. The only problem I have seen from him is he take some bad angles and question his ability in pass coverage against some of the Te's in this game.

    Raiders need a leader on defense, I think Te'o can be a good leader. Raiders have many holes on this team, it's going to take a few years to fill up some of these holes, but also they would need a leader to help mold this team, having to raise the bar of the team with his leadership, competiveness and character.

    I'm looking forward to the BCS title game, I will be watching Te'o specifically
    - Manti Te'o got a call from Dick Butkus on Monday morning, letting him know he was voted the nation's best linebacker. A few hours later, the Notre Dame star accepted the Bronko Nagurski Award as the nation's top defensive player.

    Yeah lot's of good players in this BCS title game to watch on both teams for this one .

    Grabbing Te'O is the most Logical pick I can see for Reggie to getting the type of team he wants for the long term success for us . This is his Ray Lewis Brian Urlacher Heart & Soul of the team for him .

  15. #45
    delitax's Avatar
    delitax is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    262

    Lets stop the Manti Te'o crazy talk now!

    can Te'o really motivate an NFL defense all by himself though?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •