Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Risers and Fallers: 2013 NFL Draft

Hall of Famer

Risers and Fallers: 2013 NFL Draft

It's pretty slow...let's start a thread that will be here come next April.

Big Johnathan Hankins from Ohio State has recently shot up the CBS Draft board to #6 Overall. That gives us two NT options that will be in the 1st Round should Hankins declare, and with a successful season under Urban Meyer it would be extremely likely.

Hall of Famer
    Possible fall/slide of David Amerson?

SI's Tony Pauline attached a third-round grade to NC State junior DB David Amerson heading into the 2012 season. Pauline warns that Amerson is "not as good as his stats would lend one to believe." Throughout the summer we have seen Amerson repeatedly rated among the top-twenty draft-eligible prospects, so Pauline's grade stands out as the minority. However, it is easy to look at a field cornerback that intercepted 12 passes last season as evidence of his skill, so it will be interesting to see if the general opinion changes if Amerson does not come close to achieving those same numbers this year. Pauline does list the 6'3/185 pound "opportunistic" defensive back at corner, but others claim his best option in the NFL is at safety.
    David Amerson - North Carolina State Wolfpack - 2012 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Scouting for the 2013 NFL Draft: ACC <---Pauline's brief analysis of the players from the ACC

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    No offense but this is really early to have rising and falling players in college.
    RaiderAg likes this.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran View Post
    No offense but this is really early to have rising and falling players in college.
    Lucky we didn't start the day after the draft.

Though as Ag said its really slow right now and talking about probable fallers and risers for the upcoming college season is as good as any topic currently being beaten to death in the main forum.

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DustInTheWind View Post
    Lucky we didn't start the day after the draft.

Though as Ag said its really slow right now and talking about probable fallers and risers for the upcoming college season is as good as any topic currently being beaten to death in the main forum.
    fans arguing about backup/role players, bickering about whether or not guys rippin it up in OTAs means they are legit or not, talking about next years draft??yup offseason mode is in full effect for NFL fans..
    you know its bad when you are excited about preseason(which i am!!) games being a month away

Hall of Famer
    Looks like Rambo has a suspension early after failing a Spring drug test.

WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Bacarri Rambo

gohogs is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Unless tyler bray gets more mature i could see him falling...he's a lot of potential right now but could be a boom/bust type guy

Hall of Famer

I have a hard time answering this question when there hasn't been a game of college football played yet.
    I will know more about half way through the season. The list I posted is what things look like now but a lot will change. Seems like the one hit wonders will make their names known like they do every season. Someone will have a great 2012 season and the media will over hype them causing their stock to rise al la Farley and that guy to me will end up being a bust.

Take a look at LSU their they have 4 potential first round talent.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings
    Last edited by RAIDERFAN520; 08-01-2012 at 01:08 AM.
    My next door neighbor is a Raider fan my 2 neighbors across from me are Raider fans. A Lion fan down the street hung up a Detriot Lions flag outside his house a week ago.
    My neighbors and I hung up Raider Flags today and now it seems like the Lions fan took his down, huh I wonder why he did that?

lebedeff is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by gohogs View Post
    Unless tyler bray gets more mature i could see him falling...he's a lot of potential right now but could be a boom/bust type guy
    I like the QB from Georgia better. I think he will fall to at least the 3rd round if not later. I think we need a star CB first

Hall of Famer

I'm just speculating but if we draft in let's say anywhere from 10-15 in round 1 we trade back into round 1 or early round 2 and pick up johnathan banks CB Mississippi State.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1665105/johnthan-banks
    My next door neighbor is a Raider fan my 2 neighbors across from me are Raider fans. A Lion fan down the street hung up a Detriot Lions flag outside his house a week ago.
    My neighbors and I hung up Raider Flags today and now it seems like the Lions fan took his down, huh I wonder why he did that?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by lebedeff View Post
    I like the QB from Georgia better. I think he will fall to at least the 3rd round if not later. I think we need a star CB first
    The only thing about Murray that is suspect is his deep ball...I love him on the move, I love his toughness in the pocket, but I've seen him underthrow a lot of passes downfield...his accuracy can be off a bit too.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAg View Post
    The only thing about Murray that is suspect is his deep ball...I love him on the move, I love his toughness in the pocket, but I've seen him underthrow a lot of passes downfield...his accuracy can be off a bit too.
    At this point I do like Bray better - in regards to a prospect for the Raiders - but both need some time to improve and show they can improve.

------------------------------

Like a rock...

Florida State Head Football Coach Jimbo Fisher announced Wednesday that Greg Reid has been dismissed from the FSU football team for a violation of team rules.

Statement from Florida State Head Coach Jimbo Fisher - Florida State University Official Athletic Site

Florida State says goodbye to star CB Greg Reid six days before camp opens | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports

Hall of Famer
    Maybe Reid is headed to North Alabama now.

Hall of Famer

RB Fitzgerald Toussaint From Michigan (DUI)

Hall of Famer

Baton Rouge Bombshell

CB Tyrann Mathieu has been dismissed from the LSU squad. The NCAA has officially taken hold of all the excess in the NCAA, and coaches aren't letting it get out of hand anymore. These boys gotta walk the line or be gone.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information