Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: My 2013 Big Board

Hall of Famer

My 2013 Big Board

i got this idea off another forum.

i'm going to slowly start making my list of guys and as the college season progresses, it will change and get bigger.

discussions, analysis, and critique are welcome.

here's my top 10 guys as i see it right now:

1. QB Matt Barkley USC
    2. DT Star Lotulelei Utah
    3. LB Jarvis Jones Georgia
    4. WR Robert Woods USC
    5. QB Tyler Wilson Arkansas
    6. LB Manti Te'o Notre Dame
    7. DE Barkevious Mingo LSU
    8. CB David Amerson NC State
    9. QB Tyler Bray Tennessee
    10. DE William Gholston Michigan State

Hall of Famer
    1. QB Matt Barkley - USC
    2. QB Tyler Wilson - Arkansas
    3. DT Star Lotulelei - Utah
    4. OLB Barkevious Mingo - LSU
    5. DE Sam Montgomery - LSU
    6. DT Jonathon Hankins - Ohio State
    7. OLB Jarvis Jones - Georgia
    8. CB David Amerson - NC State
    9. WR Robert Woods - USC
    10. ILB Manti Te'o - Notre Dame

Top 3 "I'd Like to be Raiders". Don't get me wrong I'd love Barkley or Wilson, but we aren't going to be THAT bad.

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    My Big Board

1. Tyler Wilson-QB
    2. Matt Barkley-QB
    3.Star Lotulelei-NT/DE
    4.Barkevious Mingo-DE/OLB
    5.Jonathan Hankins-NT
    6.Jarvis Jones-OLB
    7.David Amerson-CB
    8.Manti Te'o-MLB
    9.Tyler Bray-QB
    10.D.J. Fluker-OT
    11.Marcus Lattimore-RB
    12.Robert Woods-WR
    13.Marquess Wilson-WR
    14.Micheal Buchanan-DE
    15.Rickey Wagner-OT
    16.Johnthan Banks-CB
    17.Sam Montgomery-DE
    18.Barret Jones-OC/OG/OT
    19.Eric Reid-FS
    20.Nico Johnson-MLB

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Im guessing ur not 2 fond of Usc

Hall of Famer
    1. QB Matt Barkley - USC
    2. DT Star Lotulelei - Utah
    3. CB David Amerson - N.C. State
    5. QB Tyler Bray - Tennessee
    6. WR Robert Woods - USC
    8. ILB Manti Te'o - Notre Dame
    9. WR Justin Hunter - Tennessee
    10. QB Logan Thomas - Virginia Tech

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DustInTheWind View Post
    1. QB Matt Barkley - USC
    2. DT Star Lotulelei - Utah
    3. CB David Amerson - N.C. State
    5. QB Tyler Bray - Tennessee
    6. WR Robert Woods - USC
    8. ILB Manti Te'o - Notre Dame
    9. WR Justin Hunter - Tennessee
    10. QB Logan Thomas - Virginia Tech
    I'm kind of inclined to agree with this. I don't think Bray is the polished talent of Barkley or Wilson, but I do think there are teams looking for a franchise QB...and Bray is a better candidate than Tannehill was, so why shouldn't he be up there?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAg View Post
    I'm kind of inclined to agree with this. I don't think Bray is the polished talent of Barkley or Wilson, but I do think there are teams looking for a franchise QB...and Bray is a better candidate than Tannehill was, so why shouldn't he be up there?
    I think Bray is, even at this point, head and shoulders above Tannehill. His game isn't perfect and he does have some stuff to iron out, but I love the fact that Bray has the experience of taking snaps under center. For an offense like ours that would be a key asset for a QB to have coming in because of the nature of our run game.
    raiders_fan67 likes this.

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    1. QB Matt Barkley - USC
    2. QB Tyler Wilson - Arkansas
    3. DT Star Lotulelei - Utah
    5. DE Sam Montgomery - LSU
    6. DT Jonathon Hankins - Ohio State
    8. CB David Amerson - NC State
    9. WR Robert Woods - USC
    10. ILB Manti Te'o - Notre Dame

Top 3 "I'd Like to be Raiders". Don't get me wrong I'd love Barkley or Wilson, but we aren't going to be THAT bad.
    ya top 2 QBs we really dont have a shot at...top 5 though i think is very possible..IMO there arent too many teams that will take a QB in round 1 next year do to already having "their guy" or having already invested a 1st rounder recently..so i think anywhere we end up in round 1 we will have a shot at a pretty good QB prospect..besides seattle, arizona, KC, and possibly dallas were the only other team that might take a QB early...im torn though i mean what sounds better the 3rd-5th best QB prospect or a 1st-3rd best defender at their given position??

Hall of Famer
    to add to that im very worried about KC possibly trading up(which is something pioli wouldnt normally do)to grab one of the top 2 QBs whoever it ends up being and they might have a pretty complete team...

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by coogi View Post
    ya top 2 QBs we really dont have a shot at...top 5 though i think is very possible..IMO there arent too many teams that will take a QB in round 1 next year do to already having "their guy" or having already invested a 1st rounder recently..so i think anywhere we end up in round 1 we will have a shot at a pretty good QB prospect..besides seattle, arizona, KC, and possibly dallas were the only other team that might take a QB early...im torn though i mean what sounds better the 3rd-5th best QB prospect or a 1st-3rd best defender at their given position??
    Chiefs
    Cowboys
    Broncos (Manning isn't getting any younger)
    Cardinals
    Jaguars (If Gabbert struggles again)
    Raiders
    Eagles (Need a quality backup, because of injuries to starter, and heir to Vick)

Someone will be taking QBs in the first round and these are the teams (in no particular order) I think are most likely to draft one, but I don't think any of these teams, except possibly Arizona, are likely to trade up for a QB. Could very well happen that if we are picking in the middle of the round that a QB like Bray (#2 or #3 QB) drops to us.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DustInTheWind View Post
    Chiefs
    Cowboys
    Broncos (Manning isn't getting any younger)
    Cardinals
    Jaguars (If Gabbert struggles again)
    Raiders
    Eagles (Need a quality backup, because of injuries to starter, and heir to Vick)

Someone will be taking QBs in the first round and these are the teams (in no particular order) I think are most likely to draft one, but I don't think any of these teams, except possibly Arizona, are likely to trade up for a QB. Could very well happen that if we are picking in the middle of the round that a QB like Bray (#2 or #3 QB) drops to us.
    broncos and eagles i had more pegged as trying to go all in right now type of teams but youre right they could still take one...the jags im not quite sure..i mean he did look horrible but i dont see how they could giveup on him(which is essentially what they are doing if they take another 1st round QB) after 2 years??also to my other question would you be happy with like the 3rd-4th best QB or should w egrab a top tier defensive player??then grab QB in 2014..

Hall of Famer
    broncos and eagles i had more pegged as trying to go all in right now type of teams but youre right they could still take one...the jags im not quite sure..i mean he did look horrible but i dont see how they could giveup on him(which is essentially what they are doing if they take another 1st round QB) after 2 years??also to my other question would you be happy with like the 3rd-4th best QB or should w egrab a top tier defensive player??then grab QB in 2014..
    Broncos also spent a 2nd Rounder on Brock Osweiler.

Hall of Famer
    Depends on who the 3rd-4th best QB is come draft time and what defensive players are still on the board. Also will depend heavily on what unit struggles the most. If our RT spot is as big a hole as I think it might be, we could take a top OT, if our DEs fail to get pressure we take a top pass rusher, etc. and so forth. I just think its way too early to really say what should be done come draft time because we haven't even seen any play from the new defense or even how the offense will respond this year.

Broncos also spent a 2nd Rounder on Brock Osweiler.
    No guarantee Osweiler works out and I still think you can't rule them out of the 2013 QB chase because they took him.

A side note: The teams in bold were the teams I could see really making a move for a QB. The others are more up in the air, especially at this point in time.

Chairman of the Board
    Hopefully we are picking in the 20s or 30s next draft.

RF-83 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    QB's high in the draft don't cost half as much. It's easy to give up on a guy now. The top pick gets lie 24 million. The Bronco' could easily take another QB high in draft.

Brock will have like 4 million invested in him (like 400-600 year invested in him) can easily draft another young guy to develop.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information