Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: My 2013 Big Board

Ratim is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimSham View Post
    I agree man.. Tons of talent in the 2nd.. On top of that if we had a 2nd rounder.. we could then trade back like 8 slots in the 2nd let someone go get someone they want and add an additional 3rd rounder or something along with that 2nd rounder..

as much as I want D.moore and i do badly because he's still only 20 and already solid rusher and play maker.. if we can drop down to #7 with Arizona and let them snag an OT or someone we should def do it to pick up a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder.
    We have Hue to thank for this. Had he not made the Palmer trade we could of had a high first round pick last year, (possibly taking Morris Claiborne), and had a second this year. That way you could get your 20 year old D Moore & still make the trade down in the second.

Not to mention anything about the extra cap space.

Hall of Famer

Sports Illustrated Latest Big Board

2013 NFL Draft Big Board 1.0: Breaking it down | Audibles - SI.com

Is it just me? Jesse Williams looks like a Raider to me...doubt he winds up in Oakland however.

2013 NFL Draft Big Board 1.0 - NFL - Chris Burke - SI.com
    /

Hall of Famer

Hall of Famer
    My Big Board in regards to the #3 pick:

1. Luke Joeckel
    2. Eric Fisher
    3. Barkevious Mingo
    4. Damontre Moore
    5. Dee Milliner

There are some other plays I like (i.e., Ansah) that I just can't see being a good value for us at #3. Though I could probably be talked into swapping Star for Milliner.

Veteran
    Here's my five;

If the trade down option becomes available I'd take it.

1. Luke Joeckel
    2. Bjoern Werner
    3. Damontre Moore
    4. Eric Fisher
    5. Star Lotulelei

ShimSham is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DustInTheWind View Post
    My Big Board in regards to the #3 pick:

1. Luke Joeckel
    2. Eric Fisher
    3. Barkevious Mingo
    4. Damontre Moore
    5. Dee Milliner

There are some other plays I like (i.e., Ansah) that I just can't see being a good value for us at #3. Though I could probably be talked into swapping Star for Milliner.
    mIngo above moore and werner? hmm dont like

Hall of Famer
    mIngo above moore and werner? hmm dont like
    Mingo to me in Ansah more refined, yet still has room to grow and improve. I also think he's been misused at LSU and will be a much better pro player.

Moore I really like but think his off the field problems early on at TAM could make Reggie consider someone else. Werner isn't on the list for two reasons: 1) I think the Jags take him and 2)Just something about him that makes we go, "So who else can I draft?" Not saying he's a bad prospect, just that he isn't who I want.

Joeckel is on the list because there is quite a good chance he's still there at 3. Chiefs could take him, yet can't help thinking they take Geno after picking up Long in FA.

heavyweight_4u is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Mingo to me in Ansah more refined, yet still has room to grow and improve. I also think he's been misused at LSU and will be a much better pro player.

Moore I really like but think his off the field problems early on at TAM could make Reggie consider someone else. Werner isn't on the list for two reasons: 1) I think the Jags take him and 2)Just something about him that makes we go, "So who else can I draft?" Not saying he's a bad prospect, just that he isn't who I want.

Joeckel is on the list because there is quite a good chance he's still there at 3. Chiefs could take him, yet can't help thinking they take Geno after picking up Long in FA.
    You think they go after Long? WOuldnt they just Re sign Albert for about the same money and less injury history? Or you think they do both?

ShimSham is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

Yeah see.. I don't agree.. Mingo has some growing into his body to do to be useful in the NFL IMO.. also watching tape on Mingo.. he just wasn't impressive. Is he fast? Get off the line quickly? Yes and Yes... But gets handled with ease by most college RT. NFL Tackles will eat him up... he needs to add like 20 lbs of muscle to really have the needed size/strength. I think OLB may be better for him honestly.

Ansah on the other hand already has the size and instincts.. just needs a little more Experience and work on his rush moves as he is just a bull rusher now. But Ansah is better vs the Run/Screen game and put up some better stats as well as shows better on tape IMO.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyweight_4u View Post
    You think they go after Long? WOuldnt they just Re sign Albert for about the same money and less injury history? Or you think they do both?
    Long > Albert. Resigning Albert is a possibility too, can't deny that, just do not think he's as good or worth what he likely wants money wise.

Yeah see.. I don't agree.. Mingo has some growing into his body to do to be useful in the NFL IMO.. also watching tape on Mingo.. he just wasn't impressive. Is he fast? Get off the line quickly? Yes and Yes... But gets handled with ease by most college RT. NFL Tackles will eat him up... he needs to add like 20 lbs of muscle to really have the needed size/strength. I think OLB may be better for him honestly.

Ansah on the other hand already has the size and instincts.. just needs a little more Experience and work on his rush moves as he is just a bull rusher now. But Ansah is better vs the Run/Screen game and put up some better stats as well as shows better on tape IMO.
    Does Ansah not have some "growing into his body to be useful in the NFL"? Listen, you know I love Ansah too and if he's likely to be a 11-20 pick (as is being reported now) I see no reason Mingo can't go there or higher. That first step is impressive and one of the best in the class.

There is no doubt he needs to bulk up and he will. "The tape isn't impressive" is definitely something to look at yet if you really look at the tape there is lots to like about him. His spin move is crazy and fast - against guards or slower OTs he will kill them every time. His hand use is light years ahead of Ansah. Also something to consider is D.Ware wasn't considered a "finisher" coming out of college and that seems to be the biggest knock on Mingo. He doesn't have the stats/tape to warrant a top 5 or 10 pick.

I disagree, I see a lot on tape that leaves me hopeful. Quick first step, lanky and uses good technique (hand use and footwork). Most of all he shows discipline to not pin his ears back against Johnny Football and other running QBs. He tries to contain and shrink the pocket.

Both Ansah and Mingo are upside picks to me though both have enough talent to immediately play and impact play. One of the things that really sets them apart for me in the speed/movement of Mingo. You can't teach that if that's paired with other necessary qualities (for their position) I think you take that type of player early and often.

Though at the end of the day I see Fisher, Warmack, and Joeckel as the most polished and best value players in the draft. While the defense needs talent I think if you're going BPA Joeckel or Fisher is the guy you take. Werner, Moore, Mingo, Star, and Ansah have way more question marks than either of those guys do.

Hall of Famer

NFP's Russ Lande, updated Big Board 2/5/13

NFP's Top 200 Draft Prospects - Version 5.0 | National Football Post

Notables:
    QB Ryan Nassib -- Grade 8.60
    DE Bjöern Werner -- Grade 8.60
    DT Star Lotulelei -- Grade 8.40
    DT Sheldon Richardson -- Grade 8.20
    OT Eric Fisher -- Grade 8.00
    DE Ezekiel Ansah -- Grade 8.00
    DE/OLB Corey Lemonier -- Grade 7.90
    DE Datone Jones -- Grade 7.90
    ILB Manti Te'o -- Grade 7.90
    QB Geno Smith -- Grade 7.50
    OG Larry Warford -- Grade 7.50
    DE Damontre Moore -- Grade 7.50
    DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo -- Grade 7.20

OLB Chase Thomas -- Grade 7.20
    DE Armonty Bryant -- Grade 6.90

Veteran

Something's gone wrong with his evaluatons.

raiders_fan67 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I think Bray is, even at this point, head and shoulders above Tannehill. His game isn't perfect and he does have some stuff to iron out, but I love the fact that Bray has the experience of taking snaps under center. For an offense like ours that would be a key asset for a QB to have coming in because of the nature of our run game.
    I think Bray will surprise a lot of people

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratim View Post

Something's gone wrong with his evaluatons.
    I'm sure he has his reasons.

RaiderfanCT is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

Could it be

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAg View Post
    I'm sure he has his reasons.
    Being bad at math?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information