Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Mock v2

  1. #1
    ismail86's Avatar
    ismail86 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,508

    Mock v2

    With this draft I'd really like to fix the o-line. With this in mind, I don't want to spend a ton of money in free agency, but I would like to bring in few older veterans to get the morale of this team right. As for the free agents we have, I'd like to put tenures on Howard, Morrison, and Langston. However, I'd like to move Morrison over to WLB, not the SLB. This move will also put Scott at SLB (where I thought he should've been anyway). Also (even though this will never happen) Jamarcus is cut.

    TRADES

    I only want to do one trade in this off-season and it is not big. I'd like to trade Samson Satele to Washington for a 7th round pick. Satele is meant to be in a ZBS. Even though he struggled last year; that is where he's meant to be. He will be horrible in a Power Line. Trade him to Washington who will take him for depth at the position. We now have the 4th pick in the 7th round.

    Free Agents

    The free agents you're about to see signed here are not going to break the bank. If you're looking to see huge names with high price tags, don't read my mocks.

    Casey Hampton NT

    This may be a nice fit for him. He can come in here as a 2 down guy. Seymour can move inside with Shaughnessey taking the LE spot on 3rd downs. Hampton can provide good knowledge of the game for some of the youth on this team.

    Larry Foote MLB

    This was on my previous mock draft also but he'd be such an awesome signing. This would allow us to draft an ILB later on in the draft and have him mold behind Foote who can play in any scheme.

    Scott Fujita SLB

    Another veteran signing that would fulfill the Al Davis fancy of getting a member of a Super Bowl winning team. Fujita, again is getting older (31), but he could really help Scott in his transition to SLB.

    Jeremy Bridges OT

    A solid tackle with LT experience, who could provide nice depth at a position of need. Notice how I didn't keep Barnes? Thatís because I feel that we could get much better for the amount we're paying him.

    Casey Rabach C

    Yet another veteran who can help the youth on this team. The key here is reliability. Rabach is by no means a pro bowler, but heíll def get the job done for us.

    Draft

    1) Bryan Bulaga OT, Iowa

    This pick has been driving me crazy. To me, the pick has to be OT. Thatís a given. However, after Okung, I just canít put my finger on it. After all is said and done, I think that the pick has to be Bulaga. He can start out on the right side to see how Henderson makes the transition to the power scheme. Worse comes to worse, they switch spots.

    2) Maurkice Pouncey C, Florida

    I absolutely love this pick. This guy will be a stud in the NFL. Not only is he a great center, heís versatile enough to play guard also.

    3a) Vladimir Ducasse OG, Umass

    This line is officially fixed. We now have strength, versatility, and youth. Team that up with experience and some durability and we have ourselves a great line. Like Pouncey, Ducasse is also versatile as he can play OT as well as OG.

    3b) Dexter McCluster, RB/WR/KR/PR

    He may not be here at this point in the draft but if he is, he has to be the pick. A playmaker who just makes things happen. Would be a huge asset for our offense and special teams.

    4) Sean Canfield QB, Oregon State

    Iíd just love to see a QB with some intelligence get drafted by this organization. Canfield has a tremendous upside also.

    5) Boris Lee MLB, Troy

    Probably my favorite player in this draft. Heíd be a nice fit in a 4-3 defense. The fact that he can sit behind Larry Foote for a little while will do nothing but help him.

    7a) Kade Weston DT, Georgia

    Has the tools to be a solid player. Heís also now able to learn from one of the best in the business in Hampton. This is how a draft should be done. Have the late round players transition in slowly.

    7b) Jamar Wall CB, Texas Tech

    A very solid corner. Again, have him learn from the best in the biz.

    Like in my other mock, we can pick up an UDFA FB for lead blocking purposes.

    Hit me up...

  2. #2
    DubK Raider's Avatar
    DubK Raider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas
    Posts
    2,295
    LT-Henderson LG-Gallery C-Pouncey RG-Ducasse RT-Bulaga, That would be awesome, but its only a dream

  3. #3
    LaRaider2010's Avatar
    LaRaider2010 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Venice Beach, Ca
    Posts
    5,124
    Quote Originally Posted by ismail86 View Post
    I'd like to trade Samson Satele to Washington for a 7th round pick.

    2) Maurkice Pouncey C, Florida

    I absolutely love this pick. This guy will be a stud in the NFL. Not only is he a great center, heís versatile enough to play guard also.
    I definitely would like to get rid of Satele.
    And I love maurkice in the 2nd.


    Mack
    Carr
    G. Jackson
    Justin Ellis
    Keith Mcgill
    Travis Carrie
    Shelby Harris
    Jonathan Dowling
    Los Angeles Video Assist
    http://www.advancedvideoassist.com

  4. #4
    NoThanksSir's Avatar
    NoThanksSir is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,723
    I don't like all the FA acquisitions. I know mocks in general are inaccurate but it's just not even probable we pick up all those guys imo. Nor would it really help our team to pick up that many. The point of FA isn't to rebuild your team, just find missing pieces here and there.

    I approve of Hampton and Foote as our FA acquisitions.

    1. Love Bryan Bulaga
    2. Almost seems like we couldn't go wrong with Pouncey, especially if we switch to PBS.
    3a. He won't be here by this pick, his stock is steadily rising, he could be taken end of 1st to end of the 2nd. The 3rd is a reach, doesn't fit into the mock.
    3b. We have a lot bigger needs then a multi-threat here. I am a fan of fixing our d-line, and not as big of a fan as Kade Weston. The guy looks good but he doesn't look like the answer.
    4. I guess this isn't a bad pick, but I'm not crazy about it either. In terms of need DT/OLB/OG rank a lot higher in need than QB. I know most don't like Jamarcus Russell, and aren't sold on Bruce, but they are young prospects (one of which with a huge contract) that we are most likely going to sit on for one more year.
    5. Not on my radar, link/explanation of his college career. Can't knock or praise this pick because I have no idea who he is.
    7A. Not a bad pick in the 7th, it's actually a pretty good pick in the 7th...but Kade Weston just doesn't see like the solution at DT. To address our DT situation with a 7th and a stop gap FA isn't really addressing it at all to me.
    7B. Good pick, might get picked up before us though.

  5. #5
    Heart of Oak's Avatar
    Heart of Oak is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by ismail86 View Post
    With this draft I'd really like to fix the o-line. With this in mind, I don't want to spend a ton of money in free agency, but I would like to bring in few older veterans to get the morale of this team right. As for the free agents we have, I'd like to put tenures on Howard, Morrison, and Langston. However, I'd like to move Morrison over to WLB, not the SLB. This move will also put Scott at SLB (where I thought he should've been anyway). Also (even though this will never happen) Jamarcus is cut.

    TRADES

    I only want to do one trade in this off-season and it is not big. I'd like to trade Samson Satele to Washington for a 7th round pick. Satele is meant to be in a ZBS. Even though he struggled last year; that is where he's meant to be. He will be horrible in a Power Line. Trade him to Washington who will take him for depth at the position. We now have the 4th pick in the 7th round.

    Free Agents

    The free agents you're about to see signed here are not going to break the bank. If you're looking to see huge names with high price tags, don't read my mocks.

    Casey Hampton NT

    This may be a nice fit for him. He can come in here as a 2 down guy. Seymour can move inside with Shaughnessey taking the LE spot on 3rd downs. Hampton can provide good knowledge of the game for some of the youth on this team.

    Larry Foote MLB

    This was on my previous mock draft also but he'd be such an awesome signing. This would allow us to draft an ILB later on in the draft and have him mold behind Foote who can play in any scheme.

    Scott Fujita SLB

    Another veteran signing that would fulfill the Al Davis fancy of getting a member of a Super Bowl winning team. Fujita, again is getting older (31), but he could really help Scott in his transition to SLB.

    Jeremy Bridges OT

    A solid tackle with LT experience, who could provide nice depth at a position of need. Notice how I didn't keep Barnes? Thatís because I feel that we could get much better for the amount we're paying him.

    Casey Rabach C

    Yet another veteran who can help the youth on this team. The key here is reliability. Rabach is by no means a pro bowler, but heíll def get the job done for us.

    Draft

    1) Bryan Bulaga OT, Iowa

    This pick has been driving me crazy. To me, the pick has to be OT. Thatís a given. However, after Okung, I just canít put my finger on it. After all is said and done, I think that the pick has to be Bulaga. He can start out on the right side to see how Henderson makes the transition to the power scheme. Worse comes to worse, they switch spots.

    2) Maurkice Pouncey C, Florida

    I absolutely love this pick. This guy will be a stud in the NFL. Not only is he a great center, heís versatile enough to play guard also.

    3a) Vladimir Ducasse OG, Umass

    This line is officially fixed. We now have strength, versatility, and youth. Team that up with experience and some durability and we have ourselves a great line. Like Pouncey, Ducasse is also versatile as he can play OT as well as OG.

    3b) Dexter McCluster, RB/WR/KR/PR

    He may not be here at this point in the draft but if he is, he has to be the pick. A playmaker who just makes things happen. Would be a huge asset for our offense and special teams.

    4) Sean Canfield QB, Oregon State

    Iíd just love to see a QB with some intelligence get drafted by this organization. Canfield has a tremendous upside also.

    5) Boris Lee MLB, Troy

    Probably my favorite player in this draft. Heíd be a nice fit in a 4-3 defense. The fact that he can sit behind Larry Foote for a little while will do nothing but help him.

    7a) Kade Weston DT, Georgia

    Has the tools to be a solid player. Heís also now able to learn from one of the best in the business in Hampton. This is how a draft should be done. Have the late round players transition in slowly.

    7b) Jamar Wall CB, Texas Tech

    A very solid corner. Again, have him learn from the best in the biz.

    Like in my other mock, we can pick up an UDFA FB for lead blocking purposes.

    Hit me up...
    Firstly, I am not sue that Hampton will be as affordable as you think. Yes, he is getting older, but someone who is a proven commodity as a 3-4 Nose will be in high demand.

    As for the picks:

    Bulaga - Best Tackle in the class in my opinion, unless he rund a 5.6 40-yard dash or has 19 inch arms . Great pick.

    Pouncey - Quality. Can't disagree as he is in my mock.

    Ducasse - Good pick-up, I would rather have someone like John Jerry. Ducasse will need some developing.

    McCluster - I just don't get taking a guy like McCluster. He is good 'n all, but we are stacked at RB, we have a pretty decent group of WRs, so we are using a 3rd rounder on a depth guy / returner?

    Canfield - I am done with the Raiders drafting QB, just trade for one. Stabler is the only draftee of any note at the QB position for the Raiders in the last 30-35 years (that I can think of, but glad to be corrected). Canfield is a decent prospect, but can we develop him?

    Lee - Overdrafted a little, but I like him as a player. Good pick-up.

    Where is our other 5th rounder?

    Weston - Good potential, all the measurables - which in round 7 is about all you can ask.

    Wall - I suppose it is the 7th round, but not a guy who has caught my attention.

  6. #6
    djh_raider's Avatar
    djh_raider is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    7,606
    I have a couple of concerns with this right off.

    Firstly, CB. Routt is a RFA if he is not tendered he will leave. That would leave just Aso, CJ and Holland on the roster at CB. I see you drafted Jamar Wall in the 7th but would he be a #3 CB?

    Are you not tendering Gradkowski or Frye? With cutting Russell you have no QB's..

    Of your FA's, Hampton has been franchised and the Steelers are reportedly "close" to a long-term deal with him. You're right about Fujita being old and fitting the bill about Al picking up a FA from the SuperBowl champions. Jeremy Bridges would be an interesting FA pick up and would provide good experience and guidance. Rabach would provide a decent back up if Pouncey is drafted to play Centre. CHris Spencer from Seattle may be worth a look if the Seahawks do not tender him.

    As for your draft picks.

    Bryan Bulaga - I am 55/45 for Bruce Campbell at #8 going into the Combine. There are a couple of questions on both Campbell and Bulaga I hope the Combine will answer, notably Campbell's previous injuries and Bulaga's measurements. If, as per your assumption, the Raiders are switching from a ZBS this would take Bulaga out of the equation, though, and it would be between Campbell and Anthony Davis.

    Maukrice Pouncey - I have a feeling he may move up some boards during the Combine and into the 1st round. If he is still there when the Raiders pick in the 2nd he would be hard to pass up.

    Vladamir Ducasse - Unless he stinks it up at the Combine he wont be there in the 3rd. He is a bit raw for me and was shown up in pass protection at the Senior Bowl. A good mauler though but I fancy the 49ers or Eagles may grab him in the 2nd round.

    Dexter McCluster - I do not like this pick at all. It does not really fill a need that cannot be picked up elsewhere. The Raiders are high on Nick Miller as a returner and also signed Yamon Figurs to provide return depth, plus there is JLH. I would rather a position player who can also return kicks.

    Sean Canfield - A good player to sit and learn but behind who?

    Boris Lee would be a good pick up.

    The Raiders have 2 5th round picks, the second from the Burgess trade.

    Kade Weston - I think this guy may be a good rotation player. However, with Hampton likely to be unavailable you may have to re-think the DT/NT position.

    Jamar Wall - has reasonable size but as I mentioned earlier a 7th round pick is not usually good enough to step up and be the #3 CB straight away.

    I like the direction you have gone or want to go.
    THE Raiders 2014 Draft Class:
    Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
    Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
    Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
    Keith McGill, DB, Utah
    Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio
    Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State
    Jonathon Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky

    QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

  7. #7
    ismail86's Avatar
    ismail86 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,508
    Quote Originally Posted by djh_raider View Post
    I have a couple of concerns with this right off.

    Firstly, CB. Routt is a RFA if he is not tendered he will leave. That would leave just Aso, CJ and Holland on the roster at CB. I see you drafted Jamar Wall in the 7th but would he be a #3 CB?

    Are you not tendering Gradkowski or Frye? With cutting Russell you have no QB's..

    Of your FA's, Hampton has been franchised and the Steelers are reportedly "close" to a long-term deal with him. You're right about Fujita being old and fitting the bill about Al picking up a FA from the SuperBowl champions. Jeremy Bridges would be an interesting FA pick up and would provide good experience and guidance. Rabach would provide a decent back up if Pouncey is drafted to play Centre. CHris Spencer from Seattle may be worth a look if the Seahawks do not tender him.

    As for your draft picks.

    Bryan Bulaga - I am 55/45 for Bruce Campbell at #8 going into the Combine. There are a couple of questions on both Campbell and Bulaga I hope the Combine will answer, notably Campbell's previous injuries and Bulaga's measurements. If, as per your assumption, the Raiders are switching from a ZBS this would take Bulaga out of the equation, though, and it would be between Campbell and Anthony Davis.

    Maukrice Pouncey - I have a feeling he may move up some boards during the Combine and into the 1st round. If he is still there when the Raiders pick in the 2nd he would be hard to pass up.

    Vladamir Ducasse - Unless he stinks it up at the Combine he wont be there in the 3rd. He is a bit raw for me and was shown up in pass protection at the Senior Bowl. A good mauler though but I fancy the 49ers or Eagles may grab him in the 2nd round.

    Dexter McCluster - I do not like this pick at all. It does not really fill a need that cannot be picked up elsewhere. The Raiders are high on Nick Miller as a returner and also signed Yamon Figurs to provide return depth, plus there is JLH. I would rather a position player who can also return kicks.

    Sean Canfield - A good player to sit and learn but behind who?

    Boris Lee would be a good pick up.

    The Raiders have 2 5th round picks, the second from the Burgess trade.

    Kade Weston - I think this guy may be a good rotation player. However, with Hampton likely to be unavailable you may have to re-think the DT/NT position.

    Jamar Wall - has reasonable size but as I mentioned earlier a 7th round pick is not usually good enough to step up and be the #3 CB straight away.

    I like the direction you have gone or want to go.
    As for Routt, I completely forgot about him being an RFA. I apologize for that. I would def keep him around tho as I've made my opinion of him being a good corner just a terrible nickel corner. As for Gradkowski, I just kind of assumed he'd still be here next year as I feel it's kind of obvious. As for that I apologize also. In regards to Hampton, this was posted a day before they franchised him. By the way, he did sign a 3 year deal with Pitts. this morning. So I'd like to replace him on my list with Hollis Thomas.

    As for your Canfield comment, I never made the comment of having him "sit behind" anyone. Don't know where you got that one. I think him or Pike would be perfect for Hue Jackson to mold tho. JMHO.

    I had done this draft on Microsoft word and the page break seemed to cut it out. I guess I deserve this for not proof reading it afterwards huh? Here it is...

    ** 5b) Brian Jackson CB, Oklahoma
    Has the size and ability to succeed in the NFL. He could really learn a lot from Nnamdi as they are both built very similar. This kid has some skills.

  8. #8
    djh_raider's Avatar
    djh_raider is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    7,606
    Quote Originally Posted by ismail86 View Post
    As for Routt, I completely forgot about him being an RFA. I apologize for that. I would def keep him around tho as I've made my opinion of him being a good corner just a terrible nickel corner. As for Gradkowski, I just kind of assumed he'd still be here next year as I feel it's kind of obvious. As for that I apologize also. In regards to Hampton, this was posted a day before they franchised him. By the way, he did sign a 3 year deal with Pitts. this morning. So I'd like to replace him on my list with Hollis Thomas.

    As for your Canfield comment, I never made the comment of having him "sit behind" anyone. Don't know where you got that one. I think him or Pike would be perfect for Hue Jackson to mold tho. JMHO.

    I had done this draft on Microsoft word and the page break seemed to cut it out. I guess I deserve this for not proof reading it afterwards huh? Here it is...

    ** 5b) Brian Jackson CB, Oklahoma
    Has the size and ability to succeed in the NFL. He could really learn a lot from Nnamdi as they are both built very similar. This kid has some skills.
    No need to appologize, I was just making you aware of some omissions. There is so much to sift through when doing these things it is easy to overlook stuff.

    As for my Canfield comment, if the Raiders drafted him your surely could not expect him to start straight away. Therefore he would have to sit behind a strater and a backup and learn. That is what I meant and I was wondering who he would sit behind.
    THE Raiders 2014 Draft Class:
    Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
    Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State
    Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
    Keith McGill, DB, Utah
    Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio
    Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State
    Jonathon Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky

    QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •