Thread: HBO special: Rebels of Oakland

radrguy is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer

HBO special: Rebels of Oakland

I'm really dying here after 4, 4, 5 and 2 wins in the last four seasons. I need to watch the Raiders win again. Like the rest of you I'm full of hope for the 2007 season, but that's still over six months away. So I'm going to order a few DVDs: NFL Films Oakland Raiders Complete History and NFL Films Oakland Raiders Super Bowl Collection. I grew up with a non-sports watching family, so I didn't get into football until I went to college. Being at Cal, I had to choose between the wine & cheese Niners and the renegade Raiders. Easy choice. I happened to get in at a good time, two years after Chuckie was hired. But now after 15 wins in the last four years, I figured this would be a good time to learn all about the Raiders' glory years, and some knowledge about the A's wouldn't hurt.

My question is this: does anyone know where I can buy the HBO special called Rebels of Oakland: The A's, the Raiders, the '70s? I've looked everywhere online and found lots of information and clips, but no purchasing information.

Also, how do I do a search on this forum? I can't find the search button...

Thanks in advance for your help

radrguy is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    Also, another question... are there any other DVDs I should look at? I thought about Silver & Black Forever: The Story of the 2002 Oakland Raiders, but I watched every play of every game religiously that season, so it's still crystal clear in my memory. My favorite play, hands down, was Rod Woodson's interception returned for a TD AT Denver that turned the whole season around after their four game losing streak.

BigRaiderC is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    tons of good raider DVD's out there and they are all a must for any Raider Fan's collection bro.

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Another one is Raiders: Team for All Decades it was made after the 1990 season i think you can only get it on VHS but it is great, also has the highlights from ghost to the post and sea of hands from greatest games volumes 1 and 2
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by radrguy View Post
    I'm really dying here after 4, 4, 5 and 2 wins in the last four seasons. I need to watch the Raiders win again. Like the rest of you I'm full of hope for the 2007 season, but that's still over six months away. So I'm going to order a few DVDs: NFL Films Oakland Raiders Complete History and NFL Films Oakland Raiders Super Bowl Collection. I grew up with a non-sports watching family, so I didn't get into football until I went to college. Being at Cal, I had to choose between the wine & cheese Niners and the renegade Raiders. Easy choice. I happened to get in at a good time, two years after Chuckie was hired. But now after 15 wins in the last four years, I figured this would be a good time to learn all about the Raiders' glory years, and some knowledge about the A's wouldn't hurt.

My question is this: does anyone know where I can buy the HBO special called Rebels of Oakland: The A's, the Raiders, the '70s? I've looked everywhere online and found lots of information and clips, but no purchasing information.

Also, how do I do a search on this forum? I can't find the search button...

Thanks in advance for your help

send me a PM. i passed alot of those out for free last tailgate

also go to www.raidertube.com for many raider features, broken down into few min. clips!
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

raidersrocker is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by radrguy View Post
    Also, another question... are there any other DVDs I should look at? I thought about Silver & Black Forever: The Story of the 2002 Oakland Raiders, but I watched every play of every game religiously that season, so it's still crystal clear in my memory. My favorite play, hands down, was Rod Woodson's interception returned for a TD AT Denver that turned the whole season around after their four game losing streak.
    The Complete History is excellent! Also, Raider Nation is a DVD filmed during the entire 2002 season and is all about the fans.

Lightning Storm is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    Another one is Raiders: Team for All Decades it was made after the 1990 season i think you can only get it on VHS but it is great, also has the highlights from ghost to the post and sea of hands from greatest games volumes 1 and 2

LOL I have that one..... I have not put that in for years now I have the complete history on DVD
    "The Autumn wind is a Raider
    Pillaging just for fun
    He'll knock you 'round and upside down
    And laugh when he's conquered and won"

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...lackOpsSix.jpg

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Staff Columnist
    Chairman of the Board
    I need a full copy, the entire HBO special; of Oakland if anyone has it?

LATE HIT! is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderInNY View Post
    I need a full copy, the entire HBO special; of Oakland if anyone has it?
    I missed the HBO special, I would like a copy also! PLEASE, how could I get 1?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by LATE HIT! View Post
    I missed the HBO special, I would like a copy also! PLEASE, how could I get 1?
    Im dying to see also!!

Thread Information