Page 92 of 117 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1753
Like Tree1127Likes

Thread: The Terrelle Pryor Discussion Thread (No Need to Start New Threads)

mad stork 83 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnergyGuy View Post
    Can you not read correctly bro? I never once said that having athleticism is a major asset for a QB. I said that since Pryor has it, it gives him a big edge over flynn. The way i look at it is, neither of them are great at throwing the ball, so at least Pryor can make plays with his feet.
    I disagree over the "big edge" part of it. If you think that being athletic is a "big edge," that is fine as it is what you value. Just because you value it doesn't mean that I do/should. Being athletic as a QB is a non factor imo.

Edit: this really is a "i like skittles" vs a "i like m&ms" type of discussion...but instead of 2 things that are really good it is about 2 things that are really lousy like arguing if liver or anchovies is better.

mad stork 83 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnergyGuy View Post
    Do you want to compare the WR's that flynn had when he "tore" up the defenses, compared to what pryor has? Our best WR, would be their 4th-5th string WR.

To me, it is pretty cut and dry. Flynn looks lost out there to me. But like i said before, the coaches certaintly know more than me.

I just want to win. I couldnt care less who our QB is, as long as hes the one that gives us the best chance.

IMHO thats Pryor.
    The "why" part of the equation is unknown as it relates to why each of the QBs had some shining moments. None of us know for sure. You look at the difference in offensive players around the QB while others can look at the defensive players they are playing against. Some people (like me) look at both factors. I am humble enough to recognize that I don't know what is best for this organization at QB but luckily there are educated and motivated people out there who do that for us. I am just hoping one of these lemons magically turns into lemonade...but I highly doubt it.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by mad stork 83 View Post
    I disagree over the "big edge" part of it. If you think that being athletic is a "big edge," that is fine as it is what you value. Just because you value it doesn't mean that I do/should. Being athletic as a QB is a non factor imo.

Edit: this really is a "i like skittles" vs a "i like m&ms" type of discussion...but instead of 2 things that are really good it is about 2 things that are really lousy like arguing if liver or anchovies is better.
    Honestly, thats a perfect comparison! lol..Our franchise QB is not on the roster right now.

Okie is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Edit: this really is a "i like skittles" vs a "i like m&ms" type of discussion...
    You hit the nail on the head with this one, well this part anyways. There are so many dynamics that play into not only this but any QB debate which make them difficult to figure out which side has more validity. Take the Campbell versus Gradkowski or Campbell versus Palmer debates we have seen over the last few years. Some people like to see a polished QB throw for 300+ yards every game, thats what they like. Some, they could care less and they will take the guy throwing for 150 yards if it equals a win. Pryor versus Flynn or Pryor versus anyone is pretty much the same thing. Some people want that guy who can consistently make "that" throw as we all believe consistency is key to this league. If hes consistent, we have a better chance of being better. The other side again doesnt care if he can consistently hit that throw as long as he can consistently put points on the board. Even my opinion reflects that mentality. Id like to see if Flynns consistency can lead a productive offense, if he cant, lets move on and see if Pryors athletic ability can account for those deficiencies.

On top of that you have a 3 way split in preferences of the type of QB not only that we want but that this team needs. Some like the prototypical, plain, safe consistency of an "M&M" like Flynn. The recent success of other "skittles" around the league has more people than normal liking the more athletic, flashier, wider variety of a "skittle" like Pryor. Then you have the majority of fans who really dont care, candy is candy and give me the one that gets the job done.

Whats often misunderstood in these debates are the terms. I think Jason Campbell was better for this football team than Palmer was but that doesnt mean i think Campbell was better than Palmer. Many people want Pryor but that doesnt mean they think Pryor is better than Flynn or even the long term answer. Its relative to what we have now. Give me a better offensive line and a solid running game, im probably completely backing Flynn. Take those two things away and i can see where Pryor would be more beneficial. I think if you look at most fans, most of us are in that box and we dont care, we just want the guy who has the best chance to move the chains and put points on the board. The reality is, Flynn, Pryor, McGloin, Wilson, Gannon, Plunkett, etc....etc....... any QB is going to struggle to see any success with this current football team.

At this point, i dont care who the QB is, i just hope they all make it through the season healthy. Both Skittles and M&Ms taste like **** when they've been thrown on the asphalt and smashed into the ground.
    bleed4raiders likes this.

Chairman of the Board

Which QB is m&ms? Thats who I want. Im not a skittles fan but I will tear up some m&ms.

Okie is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    Which QB is m&ms? Thats who I want. Im not a skittles fan but I will tear up some m&ms.
    Odd, i always had you pegged as a jujubee guy......

bleed4raiders likes this.

raiderroo is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie View Post

I like Red Hots!

Pro Bowler
    I couldn't help but chuckle but you guys remember SF Raider fan? If TP gets the start for the season, you know he'll be getting the last laugh. I never agreed on his analysis of Pryor or the game in general but you know he'd be rubbingt in that TP is getting the start.

Hall of Famer
    And absolutely no one would care because we'd still lose the football game.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie View Post

ewwwwww, nah Im very particular about my candy. Only the high end stuff like M&Ms or reeces peanut butter cups will do for me

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    ewwwwww, nah Im very particular about my candy. Only the high end stuff like M&Ms or reeces peanut butter cups will do for me
    Diva

Sig by Nexx

This is blood for blood and by the gallons. These are the old days man, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choices left. And I'm ready for war.

Hall of Famer
    Frozen bite-sized Snickers FTW! Does that make me a Pryor or Flynn fan?
    MadBomber24 likes this.

raiderroo is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by SLVR and Black View Post
    Frozen bite-sized Snickers FTW! Does that make me a Pryor or Flynn fan?
    Probably Wilson but I'm not too sure.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    Diva
    Thats not true. I dont eat snickers very often. Only if my daughter gets them for Halloween since she thinks they are gross (even though shes never tried one, lmao). Ahh to be 4 again.

Oh wait I guess snickers would make me not a DIVA anymore so I guess your right. Carry on.
    regret likes this.

raiderfan1234 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Oakland Raiders: 5 Players Living on the Edge of the Cut Line - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

On Friday, August 23rd, against the Chicago Bears, Pryor had one of his best games as a professional.
    Pryor ignited the home crowd with his unique skill-set that allowed him to scramble away from trouble.
    His passes were accurate with a lot of velocity behind them.
    His decisions were, to me, some of the best I have seen him make.
    They say that the “cream rises to the top,” well Pryor is definitely rising.

Page 92 of 117 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread Information