Thread: Pats fans taunted Smith about dead brother (Very Classy Cheatriots Fans)

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board

Pats fans taunted Smith about dead brother (Very Classy Cheatriots Fans)

Pats fans taunted Smith about dead brother
    Jan 22, 2013 1:35 PM
    By Jamison Hensley

I wrote about how Terrell Suggs' postgame rant on the Patriots was classless. Well, that is nothing compared to this latest inappropriate emotional outburst.

SmithA number of Patriots fans tweeted some disparaging remarks to Torrey Smith about his late brother following the AFC Championship Game, according to the Ravens wide receiver. Tevin Smith, Torrey's younger brother, was killed in a motorcycle accident in September.

"Played a lot of games since my brothers death and I never received as many rude tweets after a win than Sunday...yet NE fans cry about class," Smith tweeted Tuesday.

I understand how fans can take losses personally. But they can't make it personal. This is the perfect example of social media gone bad. I applaud Smith for handling it the right way because many athletes wouldn't.

The sad part is this isn't the first time Smith has had to deal with this. Shortly after Smith helped the Ravens beat the Patriots in September, only hours after his brother had died, someone taunted him on Twitter, saying, "Hey, Smith, how about you call your bro and tell him about your wi--- ohhhh. Wait. #TooSoon?"

I often wonder why athletes even go on social media during the season. San Francisco kicker David Akers closed his Twitter account after receiving death threats late last month.

And losing control after losses isn't a problem for just fans. The wife of Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker, Anna Burns Welker, used Facebook to take a few shots at Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis on Sunday night.

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!" Burns Welker said in a since-deleted post on her personal Facebook page. She later released a statement apologizing for her remarks.

If you would like to hear more from Smith, you don't have to go on Twitter or Facebook to do so. He went on "Mike & Mike" to talk about the support of his teammates and describes the way the team was able to knock off New England to advance to the Super Bowl.

ESPN NFL Pats fans taunted Smith about dead brother
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

Hall of Famer
    Wow that is beyond wrong. I lost my brother 10 years ago, this is just way beyond my comprehension of how anybody could do this. Much credit to T. Smith for handling it so well. Man sometimes people need to step back and realize it is just a game, and to get personal especially about a family members death is just sick and wrong!

LobCityRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

Well everyone knows the Pats r arrogant sore losers.But thts even over the top 4 them.

Raiders707 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    What a bunch of douchebags. Things like this, death threats, etc. are pathetic and indications of sore losers who have nothing going on in their lives except for the sports teams they support.

raiders4o8 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Fuk the got damn patriots.. Crybaby a that can't win without cheating.. Sons of bitchass fans

ShadowFlux is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Living in Massachusetts, I can say their "class" is a facade.
    They coined the term "Masshole" for a reason.

I hate it here. lol

Hall of Famer
    unFreal

Hall of Famer
    Wow, I swear fans need to take a step back and remember it's just a game
    "The massive Raider Nation is beyond doubt the sleaziest and rudest and most sinister mob of thugs and wackos ever assembled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Mckenzie
    The Raiders organization, with respect and deference to all its tradition and history, is about to embark on a new era...As we embark on this new era of change, one thing will remain constant and that is our Commitment to Excellence
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us special thanks to Ayso

Hall of Famer

That's exactly the reason why I had to back hand a Pats fan after we lost in the Tuck Rule game. Absolutely no respect or class.
    My next door neighbor is a Raider fan my 2 neighbors across from me are Raider fans. A Lion fan down the street hung up a Detriot Lions flag outside his house a week ago.
    My neighbors and I hung up Raider Flags today and now it seems like the Lions fan took his down, huh I wonder why he did that?

Thread Information