Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KrimzonR8R

Thread: Patriots Offense

j_sizzle is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

Patriots Offense

So far watching the Patriots offense I've noticed that whenever Brady is under center its either a run or a play action pass. Brady rarely drops back from on 3,5 or 7 step drop. They pass most of the time out of the shot gun and not when the QB is under center, this gets the QB away from quick pressure. I was wondering if any1 else noticed that.
    Also if you watch other great passing teams like GB,Den,Det the QBs usually pass out of the shot gun. I guess my point is you have to have a superior running game to be able to pass from under center effectively.

I'm gonna watch the other teams more closely next week to see if there is really a trend...

Anyhow just wanted to point that out and see if anybody else notices and if the raiders should employ this to get Carson away from quick pressure

Hall of Famer
    All I noticed is a Texans D thats sucked @ss since Cushing went down.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    This is why I have Knapps back

Hall of Famer

Patriots Offense

The texans have had several injuries since cushing's. all I have to say is welcome to the NFL!!!!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by j_sizzle View Post
    So far watching the Patriots offense I've noticed that whenever Brady is under center its either a run or a play action pass. Brady rarely drops back from on 3,5 or 7 step drop. They pass most of the time out of the shot gun and not when the QB is under center, this gets the QB away from quick pressure. I was wondering if any1 else noticed that.
    Also if you watch other great passing teams like GB,Den,Det the QBs usually pass out of the shot gun. I guess my point is you have to have a superior running game to be able to pass from under center effectively.

I'm gonna watch the other teams more closely next week to see if there is really a trend...

Anyhow just wanted to point that out and see if anybody else notices and if the raiders should employ this to get Carson away from quick pressure
    I notice that the Pats and Texans have way better linemen on both sides than we do...which allows them to play professional football
    JUSTWINBABY9111 likes this.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonR8R View Post
    I notice that the Pats and Texans have way better linemen on both sides than we do...which allows them to play professional football
    Take a look when Brady throws the ball, he is always in the Shotgun. When he is under center its always a run or Play action. Brady rarely drops back from under center to throw the ball. That's the point I'm trying to make and asking whether we should do that instead of having Carson drop back from under centre to pass.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by j_sizzle View Post
    Take a look when Brady throws the ball, he is always in the Shotgun. When he is under center its always a run or Play action. Brady rarely drops back from under center to throw the ball. That's the point I'm trying to make and asking whether we should do that instead of having Carson drop back from under centre to pass.
    I get what you mean, but it starts in the trenches. It doesn't matter if Palmer is in shotgun or under center if the offensive line can't hold a block or pick up the pass rushers then he's gonna be under pressure. We lack smart, tough offensive linemen. We have Veldheer and Wiz and they're ok but they need help. Carlisle is old, Brisiel is just not worth his contract and don't get me started on Barnes. Our other linemen are green and our O line coach is an idiot so there's not much hope

It would also help if Palmer didn't hold on to the ball so long and had a decent running game to lean on, but again that hinges on the O line

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonR8R View Post
    I get what you mean, but it starts in the trenches. It doesn't matter if Palmer is in shotgun or under center if the offensive line can't hold a block or pick up the pass rushers then he's gonna be under pressure. We lack smart, tough offensive linemen. We have Veldheer and Wiz and they're ok but they need help. Carlisle is old, Brisiel is just not worth his contract and don't get me started on Barnes. Our other linemen are green and our O line coach is an idiot so there's not much hope

It would also help if Palmer didn't hold on to the ball so long and had a decent running game to lean on, but again that hinges on the O line
    I just wanna see this offense improve and if going shot gun most of the time does it then the coaching staff should consider it.

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

Patriots Offense

Read the Spygate book and you'll understand how their offense works. I'm not sure how much of the book is totally true but its a great read.

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I thought Greg Knapp was a better offensive mind than Belicheat. Did I miss something?

Thread Information