PDA

View Full Version : Raiders CB Sean Smith shows up on list of worst free agent signings of 2016

IERaiderFan
05-21-2017, 08:53 AM
The salary cap analysts over at Over The Cap look back at some of what they deem the worst signings of 2016.
Last offseason, the Raiders were still among the league’s big offseason spenders. They had three big free agent signings that offseason — Kelechi Osemele, Bruce Irvin, and Sean Smith. Two of those additions paid off. The third had a rough first season.

Smith was fresh off three solid seasons with the rival Kansas City Chiefs and returned to his native California to join the Raiders on a 4-year, $38 million deal. Thus far, he hasn’t lived up to contract.

Today Over The Cap put together a list of their 30 worst signings of 2016 and Smith made the list, landing at 16.

Full Article (http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/5/20/15669938/raiders-cb-sean-smith-shows-up-on-list-of-worst-free-agent-signings-of-2016)

mstrbass2000
05-21-2017, 09:07 AM
knj trying to fit a square into a round hole with sean smith,horrible game planning/scheme,you dont put big cb on fast little dudes and then dont play em man to man/physical at the line

4thringtime
05-21-2017, 09:50 AM
I don't get how these professionals ( coaches) don't get that you can't change a good thing very often and expect it to be better. We asked him to change his style of play to fit someone's ridiculous scheme. My God man please look at the winning teams they don't do that crap. They learn the players strengths and design their schemes to fit them.

Pawneee
05-21-2017, 10:05 AM
I don't get how these professionals ( coaches) don't get that you can't change a good thing very often and expect it to be better. We asked him to change his style of play to fit someone's ridiculous scheme. My God man please look at the winning teams they don't do that crap. They learn the players strengths and design their schemes to fit them.
That's why KNJ was brought here, to reproduce the Seattle legion of boom, only problem with that was no one was smart enough to figure out, we don't have the players to pull it off, but we did not let that stop us, hopefully Pagano is smarter

mstrbass2000
05-21-2017, 10:09 AM
That's why KNJ was brought here, to reproduce the Seattle legion of boom, only problem with that was no one was smart enough to figure out, we don't have the players to pull it off, but we did not let that stop us, hopefully Pagano is smarter
pagano will help a lot woth scheming and adjustments but knj still makes the calls

raider ran
05-21-2017, 10:29 AM
He has not been at all impressive. In fact the word horrible fits in some instances.

Pawneee
05-21-2017, 10:35 AM
pagano will help a lot woth scheming and adjustments but knj still makes the calls

Hopefully he was brought in to teach the ass clown how to do his job

RaiderBay
05-21-2017, 10:59 AM
He was rated top 12 though by pff...?

4thringtime
05-21-2017, 02:33 PM
He was so bad he was benched, but he did return and did play better. I think it's a lot like Aso going to Philly and they tried to change his type of play.

rawhead
05-21-2017, 03:37 PM
knj trying to fit a square into a round hole with sean smith,horrible game planning/scheme,you dont put big cb on fast little dudes and then dont play em man to man/physical at the line
You mean like putting Smith on Tyreek Hill and playing him 15 yards off the line in man coverage?

Trophy81
05-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Like the Spurs signing Shaq to guard steph Curry!!...bad signing! Lol

mstrbass2000
05-21-2017, 04:02 PM
He was rated top 12 though by pff...?
pff takes into account blown coverages and blown formations,which there were a lot of when it came to sean smith getting burned,many times there was supposed to be safety help

Raiderjohn622
05-22-2017, 08:43 AM
Hopefully he was brought in to teach the ass clown how to do his job

Forget teaching, he had JDR for a couple seasons, he's beyond teachable at this point....I just hope he's here to swing his baseball bat....let Pagano design the defense and call the schemes on gameday.

Pawneee
05-22-2017, 12:02 PM
Forget teaching, he had JDR for a couple seasons, he's beyond teachable at this point....I just hope he's here to swing his baseball bat....let Pagano design the defense and call the schemes on gameday.

Couldn't agree more

jgrange
05-23-2017, 03:01 AM
Sean Smith was hung out to dry by KNJ. I expect him to be much better this season.

Silver and Black
05-23-2017, 09:17 AM
You mean like putting Smith on Tyreek Hill and playing him 15 yards off the line in man coverage?

But, that was brilliant, see Tyreek hill... oh there he goes for another 30 yard gain running a slant.