Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bill Cowher as the new Raider GM?

ice4444 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    Possible, but they are 6-3...
    It still doesn't mean they drafted well and in fact in the last 5 years even with the 6-3 record Gruden and Allen have a losing record and Tampa Bay and almost lost their jobs last year; even Bruce Allen admitted on KNBR that they were told if they didn't make the playoffs, they would have been fired. Gruden is not all that.

Soul In Da Hole is offline Banned
    Starter
    Never, would simply be the most appropriate word right now.

RenegadePirate is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ice4444 View Post
    It still doesn't mean they drafted well and in fact in the last 5 years even with the 6-3 record Gruden and Allen have a losing record and Tampa Bay and almost lost their jobs last year; even Bruce Allen admitted on KNBR that they were told if they didn't make the playoffs, they would have been fired. Gruden is not all that.
    2002- 12-4 SB 37 champs

2005 11-5 Win division and go to playoffs

2007 9-7 win division and lose a tough battle with the eventual SB champ Giants

2008- 6-3 and 1 game out of first place in division

You are so right! 21-99 or whatever the Raiders are sounds soooooooo much better!

PubaJay is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 1truraidersfan View Post
    matt millen , lmao, are you kidding me we would be drafting a wr in the first round every year, no thanks.
    lol we do need wr's ;)

joetoronto is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MyOpinion View Post
    Not Cowher!!! I would go and get Marty Schottenheimer. I would let him be VP,GM & Coach. And when he is done with coaching then he can keep the VP & GM jobs and find us a good coach. He hates the AFC West!!!!!! He hates the AFC period!!!!! But he really hates the Chargers!!!!!!! A win-win-win for us big time.

Every team's goal is, and should be, to win the Super Bowl.

The words "Schottenheimer" and "Super Bowl" just don't mix.

RedNeckRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by MyOpinion View Post
    Not Cowher!!! I would go and get Marty Schottenheimer. I would let him be VP,GM & Coach. And when he is done with coaching then he can keep the VP & GM jobs and find us a good coach. He hates the AFC West!!!!!! He hates the AFC period!!!!! But he really hates the Chargers!!!!!!! A win-win-win for us big time.
    You must not know much about Marty his hate for Al Davis and the Raiders is well known.

billwilliams70 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Just saw on ESPN's Sunday Headlines with Chris Mortenson that Jim Fassel is actually campaigning for the Raiders coaching job. He wants it!

Later.

The Don is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
    Just saw on ESPN's Sunday Headlines with Chris Mortenson that Jim Fassel is actually campaigning for the Raiders coaching job. He wants it!

Later.
    Isn't his son a ST coach??

He was present during the Raiders Training Camp in Napa. It makes sense, except for the potential to win part..

Hall of Famer
    Is there any reason to think Ron Wolf would do it.......He seems the best and most logical prospect. Are him and Al still on good terms.......Is he at all available......still in Green Bay? If so would he leave.

I actually think Mike Holmgrem would be an excellent GM.........When he was doing it for the Chickens it was more his coaching that suffered from wearing too many hats. I do think he really wants to retire.......I don't think he could get a better job than he has in Seattle......I doubt theres a better owner to work for than Paul Allen. Working for the delusional phsyco Davis is a big step backward for him.

The Iconoclastic Raider in T-town

eastbayraider87 is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post
    Is there any reason to think Ron Wolf would do it.......He seems the best and most logical prospect. Are him and Al still on good terms.......Is he at all available......still in Green Bay? If so would he leave.

I actually think Mike Holmgrem would be an excellent GM.........When he was doing it for the Chickens it was more his coaching that suffered from wearing too many hats. I do think he really wants to retire.......I don't think he could get a better job than he has in Seattle......I doubt theres a better owner to work for than Paul Allen. Working for the delusional phsyco Davis is a big step backward for him.
    Wolf has been retired for 7-8 years now, if he's willing to come out of retirement I would grab him in a heartbeat.

Hall of Famer
    It would take $1billion for Cowher to come here and even then Al wouldn't listen to him. In the case of the Raiders GM stands for General Mortician.
    "History is just one damn thing after another." - Winston Churchill

Zone1raidersfan is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by tmgore View Post
    I hope Al keeps his word and hires a GM. I do not want to see a x-Raider coach or player. I like Bill Cowher. The current players know of him and can relate to him. He knows who would be the best Head Coach. He has an excellent eye for talent. He could motivate both coaches and players. He also brings the toughness that we experienced in Raider History.

Who is your choice?
    Al's gm position will be a figure head job only. Just someone to put the blame on when we lose. He will hire some mid level yes man. to do what he wants then fire him when our next lame coach gets fired. I want to win, im tired of waiting on the lakers to start their season to be happy about something. Al was the sharpest mind of his a day. A true raider that didnt give a f#ck and would tell the NFL go f#ck yourself. but that day has passed. its time for Al to semi retire and let us get moving on building a championship quality team.

Kerry_CollINT's is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Bill Cowher has no experience at GM and he won't come here period...Kevin Colbert and Tom Donahoe built those teams...Cowher is meant to be the coach...We need to hire a GM first and let the GM hire the next coach..Thats the way its done

Matuszak72Fan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I can see the headlines now "Cowher leaves Oakland without Contract"....

Al didnt want him right? Just like Whisenhunt, and Payton...

Kerry_CollINT's is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post

Wolf would only come out of a favor to Al because we did make Ron Wolf...

Holmgren is a dark horse and Al did say he would look at a guy with ties to the area...maybe Holmgren just doesn't want to coach and he wants to take a GM job and then come back to the sidelines a few years down the road..

I highly doubt that but I really think Al Davis knows he has to reshape the front office..Rich McKay would be a nice addition but it won't happen either,,

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information