Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jim Harbaugh to the Raiders?

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by POKE View Post
    Hire Manicans and let Al call of the plays from the press box.
    He can rent mannequins doesn't need to hire them bro, but didn't that experiment already fail when Shell II was in place?
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

kstone007 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    str8 comedy!

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    he can rent mannequins doesn't need to hire them bro, but didn't that experiment already fail when shell ii was in place?
    lol!

POKE IN RICHMOND

RaiderSapper81 is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_raider View Post
    Just because Rich Gannon was a good QB does not automatically make him a good head coach. If this were the case you would have Joe Montanta, John Elway, Dan Marino, Joe Namath, etc. all coaching in the league. The only former NFL QB that is a head coach is Jim Zorn.
    I know this thread is about Harbaugh but since you bring Gannon up, here's my 2 cents.

I don't think he's burned any bridges with the Raiders, he's made some critical comments but they only stated the truth, unlike Warren Sapps comments which were intended to slander the organization.
    It's not the fact that Gannon was a QB that makes him one of my favorite choices for head coach, it's his work ethic and overall leadership. Who knows if Montana, Elway, Marino or Namath would be good at coaching they never went in that direction.
    Still, I think Gannon is satisfied with his television gig, he still gets to be involved with the NFL but doesn't put in the 80+hr work weeks.

Harbaugh on the other hand has taken the coaching route and he's establishing himself as a successfull college coach. We all know that being successfull in the NCAA doesn't equate to success in the NFL but he's been a coach with the Raiders, he's currently in the Bay Area.
    I see it as having a strong possibility, it just depends on if he feels he's ready to take that next step.

raiderjohn622 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    We should hire the top guy first.....Al's got to give in and get a GM to take care of on the field things.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_raider View Post
    Just because Rich Gannon was a good QB does not automatically make him a good head coach. If this were the case you would have Joe Montanta, John Elway, Dan Marino, Joe Namath, etc. all coaching in the league. The only former NFL QB that is a head coach is Jim Zorn.
    Dude at Houston was the Broncos back-up for years...but thats beside the point.

I'm all for Jim Harbaugh.
    Love the idea.

What would be great is if Al Davis thought, "Hell. I get so much **** about coaches that I'll let him pick all his own guys."

Then I woke up.

RaiderAllDay is offline Banned
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Trull View Post
    Some of you guys are clueless. Jim Harbaugh is the LAST thing this team needs. We need a PROVEN nfl coach. NO matter what. We cannot have a coach come in to this fockered up franchise and try to EARN the PLAYERS respect. It will not work. We need a PROVEN coach that will come in and INSTANTLY get that respect. The way Parcells does. The way Cowher does. The way Belichex does. Get the point? Another UNPROVEN college coach and this franchise is doomed forever. Guaranteed.

I think you are the only one that is clueless man. lol at proven nfl coach

ice4444 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Sounds like Jim Harbaugh is Al Davisí clear choice, if Harbaugh wants to be a Raider | Talking Points

New write up about old rumor. Harbaugh would be a good choice in MHO.
    So what you are saying is Harbaugh is a better coach than Saban, Pete Carrol, Petrino, Steve Spurrier, Butch Davis, Lou Holtz, Dennis Erickson and so many other coaches that succeed in college but have failed miserably in the pro's.

NO MORE COLLEGE COACHES!

speedkills is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ice4444 View Post
    So what you are saying is Harbaugh is a better coach than Saban, Pete Carrol, Petrino, Steve Spurrier, Butch Davis, Lou Holtz, Dennis Erickson and so many other coaches that succeed in college but have failed miserably in the pro's.

NO MORE COLLEGE COACHES!
    harbaugh was a QB coach in the NFL. He has spent way more time in the NFL than college he is an NFL coach coaching in college I think he could be a Jim Zorn type

el boracho is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by throwback420 View Post
    what has he dont at Stanford ? lmfao you must now watch alot of college ball.

He's been doing a hell of a job last year his team upset USC as over a 40 pt underdog.

Dude is 4-2 in the pac 10 this year and 5-4 overall lookin for a couple of upsets

November 8 at Oregon 3:30 PM ET Tickets
    November 15 No. 7 USC 7:00 PM ET Tickets
    November 22 at No. 21 California 3:30 PM ET Tickets
    everyone looks to the usc game as his biggest achievement ...what else? cmon in a weak pac 10 hes 5-4 not exactly impressive to me....Hes brought that program to respectablity but he hasnt been all that impressive....i want someone that has alot of NFL coaching exprience and that has good player personnel decisions...It doesnt really matter who comes in to coach SHXT wont change..It starts at the top...

johnny raider is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    We should be excited that any decent coach would wanna be here at this point in time. If AL wants him , AND AL IS STILL AROUND. I SAY WHAT THE F---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by el boracho View Post
    everyone looks to the usc game as his biggest achievement ...what else? cmon in a weak pac 10 hes 5-4 not exactly impressive to me....Hes brought that program to respectablity but he hasnt been all that impressive....i want someone that has alot of NFL coaching exprience and that has good player personnel decisions...It doesnt really matter who comes in to coach SHXT wont change..It starts at the top...
    At this point I could live with that!

Mr. Blonde is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Sweet, I'll take Harbaugh.

el boracho is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by S&BinSD View Post
    At this point I could live with that!
    yeah thats about the best Al will get...

ABQ Raider is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Whoever the coach is, how about we get a GM with REAL power, that can evaluate and bring in talent for that coach...allow him to bring in ALL his own staff, and allow him to execute HIS gameplan.

I can dream....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information