Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harbaugh shold be our coach in 2009

Hall of Famer
    I hate to sound this way but, I don't really care about who the next coach is. The structure at the top needs to change or nothing substantial is going to change.
    Mr. Auburn Tiger....turned Oakland Raider backup plan after our savior turned out to be what we should have expected him to be.

Jason "Check Down" Campbell

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNewJerz View Post
    I don't know but I do know whoever is coaching the Raiders next year has to be the teams coach, not Al's coach. We need a coach that can really change our Teams mentality with a winning attitude. Or... maybe hire Indiana Jones as our GM to find a magic wand to fix our team.
    They already had two coaches like that and both were run off... there will be no GM so all these scenarios will never take place people! reality!
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Chairman of the Board
    Why can't you people see that the Raiders won't change unless Al Davis himself changes. Don't people like to say that Al Davis is the Raiders? Well the way Al Davis has been doing things has been a embarrassement. Raiders are embarrassing. Signing Tommy Kelly and Javon Walker to those retarded contracts. Horrible FA signings in Kwame Harris and Cornell Green. The back center we siged from Tampa Bay can't even get on the field. Thats all on Al Davis. So what is another college coach gonna come in here and do to unfix this horse dookie? Seriously.

POKE IN RICHMOND

VaRayder is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by POKE View Post
    Why can't you people see that the Raiders won't change unless Al Davis himself changes. Don't people like to say that Al Davis is the Raiders? Well the way Al Davis has been doing things has been a embarrassement. Raiders are embarrassing. Signing Tommy Kelly and Javon Walker to those retarded contracts. Horrible FA signings in Kwame Harris and Cornell Green. The back center we siged from Tampa Bay can't even get on the field. Thats all on Al Davis. So what is another college coach gonna come in here and do to unfix this horse dookie? Seriously.

Chairman of the Board
    Maybe it's Harbaugh's solid Division I-AA Record.

buckwild187 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by trur8r View Post
    Why the hell should he be hired?? What has he done to prove he's a GREAT or even good HC? A win against USC last year is good enough?? We need a proven HC that has some wins in the NFL level. If he gets along with Al it only means he's going to be another puppet. I'll pass.
    Suposedly Al loves Harbaugh, they get along great and that means that the following is going to happen

1st month - Al ---> <---Harbaugh

Midway through 1st season, when we're struggling - Al ----> <---Harbaugh

The end of season 1 after a 4-12 record - Al ---> <---Harbaugh

Chairman of the Board
    Why can't you people see that the Raiders won't change unless Al Davis himself changes.
    Because people choose to grasp at straws rather than accept the truth... kind of like the guy that gets dumped by his girlfriend, but there he is still hoping and believing things will workout even though she's already dating another guy...

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    They already had two coaches like that and both were run off... there will be no GM so all these scenarios will never take place people! reality!
    Question. have you ever heard any quote whatsoever from Al Davis about hiring a GM type for this organization? I assume no because I never have.

But he mentioned it this year, so do you think he is lying or so delusional you think he may hire a hamster and call it a GM?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please
    M Twain

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
    M Twain

ice4444 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by OTF View Post
    Harbaugh is who we need to consider...

Sounds like Jim Harbaugh is Al Davisí clear choice, if Harbaugh wants to be a Raider | Talking Points

Al, hire a GM while you are at it!
    This is madness; NO MORE FRIGGIN COLLEGE COACHES; Lou Saban (destroyed the Dolphins with his ridiculous drafting), Steve Spurrier (played more golf than anything; clueless about player personnel moves), Pete Carrol (avg. at times at New England (more of a cheerleader), Dennis Erickson, Lane Kiffin, Lou Holtz, Butch Davis, etc....

In the college game you dont have to worry about player personnel because the major high school evaluation companies do such a great job;

Almost all College coaches cant' make it in the pro's.

ice4444 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ekgraider View Post
    Question. have you ever heard any quote whatsoever from Al Davis about hiring a GM type for this organization? I assume no because I never have.

But he mentioned it this year, so do you think he is lying or so delusional you think he may hire a hamster and call it a GM?
    ekgraider get real; do you think that a 79 year old man that has been a control freak his entire life, is now going to submit to someone who is at GM? whatever.

Bruce Allen said many times that he wasn't a GM for the Raiders; he was a PR guy and had little or nothing to do with player personnel decisions.

Al Davis isn't going to give up control; end of story; old men dont change.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by ekgraider View Post

I believe in his mind at the time he said he needed help, but one thing about older people is they forget... I think he was truthful about it, just wont' follow through.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ice4444 View Post
    ekgraider get real; do you think that a 79 year old man that has been a control freak his entire life, is now going to submit to someone who is at GM? whatever.

Bruce Allen said many times that he wasn't a GM for the Raiders; he was a PR guy and had little or nothing to do with player personnel decisions.

Al Davis isn't going to give up control; end of story; old men dont change.
    well since im fake im not sure if im even typing this but yes I do believe old men can change. We just moved my grandfather in with one of his daughters.
    He is old and stubborn and liked living alone, but the quality wasnt there so after a few years of his daily life deteriorating he agreed to move in with his daughter. He has happier than he has been in years.

Funny what you say about allen, i guess AD really does get all the credit for our success earlier this decade.

This same grandfather who was/is the biggest racist i have ever known actually voted for Obama because he saw it was time for a change and he was sick of the republicans. I mean my grandpa use to take me out to Italian resturants then talk smack about Italians the whole night and Im half Italian. So I do believe old people can change when presented enough evidence. Hopefully Al has seen enough to change.
    M Twain

M Twain

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    I believe in his mind at the time he said he needed help, but one thing about older people is they forget... I think he was truthful about it, just wont' follow through.
    Well there is a chance that could be true, but his quote combined with the mutiple reports of him trying to lure one of the 49ers front office guys to the team last year make me think it wasnt an off hand comment soon forgotten.
    M Twain

M Twain

Chiefhater is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by trur8r View Post
    Why the hell should he be hired?? What has he done to prove he's a GREAT or even good HC? A win against USC last year is good enough?? We need a proven HC that has some wins in the NFL level. If he gets along with Al it only means he's going to be another puppet. I'll pass.

Have you forgotten that we're the Raiders, and that our choices for HC is limited?

I'd be ok with the hire, but I'd personally like Jim Johnson from the Eagles. He's expressesd interest in the job before and I believe he wants to be a HC before retiring. I'd like a defensive minded coach for once, and he's a great defensive mind.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefhater View Post
    Have you forgotten that we're the Raiders, and that our choices for HC is limited?

I'd be ok with the hire, but I'd personally like Jim Johnson from the Eagles. He's expressesd interest in the job before and I believe he wants to be a HC before retiring. I'd like a defensive minded coach for once, and he's a great defensive mind.
    Davis doesn't hire defensive coaches, the last one was Madden...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information