Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Tom Walsh - Bring In Hue Jackson

zennie is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

Fire Tom Walsh - Bring In Hue Jackson

Ok, this is going to be a most unpopular post, but I think it's time to fire Offensive Coordinator Tom Walsh and replace him with Cincinnati Bengals Receiver's Coach Hue Jackson (whom I discuss here)

Walsh's offense is simply a variation of the old LA Rams, Raiders, Steelers systems, where it was well known that if you wanted to stop the pass, you just played 4 short,3 deep zone, but about 7 yards deeper than normal.

You can tell this offense is out of it's schematic gord just by the terrible timing in drops of the QB versus O-line blocking. I could go on and on.

But the bottom line is this is not a well developed offensive design.

And yes, I could do a lot better. In fact, give me the job, with 60 percent of Walsh's salary....and an incentive package!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeinrichmond View Post
    I just hope the Raiders win a superbowl before the return of Jesus. All I can do is hope.
    "Davis was one of the greatest coaches I have ever observed... A truly great coach. Had he remained in coaching, he would be considered one of the greatest of all time". - Bill Walsh

RaiderSithLord is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Just what we need, another Fire Tom Walsh Thread....

Did it occour to you that we are only using the first few pages of the playbook since its preseason.

Could it be that we have a lot better plays in the storage locker sealed away for 9-11?

Raider4Liphe is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderSithLord

Did it occour to you that we are only using the first few pages of the playbook since its preseason.

Could it be that we have a lot better plays in the storage locker sealed away for 9-11?
    Good luck in getting a response from Zennie within the year bro...

he averages 2 posts a year...

LOL!!!

By the way I agree with you , playbook is vanilla as hell...

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by zennie
    Ok, this is going to be a most unpopular post, but I think it's time to fire Offensive Coordinator Tom Walsh and replace him with Cincinnati Bengals Receiver's Coach Hue Jackson (whom I discuss here)

Walsh's offense is simply a variation of the old LA Rams, Raiders, Steelers systems, where it was well known that if you wanted to stop the pass, you just played 4 short,3 deep zone, but about 7 yards deeper than normal.

You can tell this offense is out of it's schematic gord just by the terrible timing in drops of the QB versus O-line blocking. I could go on and on.

And yes, I could do a lot better. In fact, give me the job, with 60 percent of Walsh's salary....and an incentive package!
    That's funny because it is basically the same offense that the Patriots and the Steelers use. Doesn't seem to cause them any problems. As I have said before, it is preseason and we are not running anything but very basic plays on offense. We are still working on learning to play as a team. We are in our third week of practices with a lot of new players and an new coaching staff, not a veteran team playing in a familiar system that has been in place for years.
    The Snake

Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death......................

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderSithLord

Look, I'm not buying that. The Raiders have their QB's drop via YARDS, not steps, and all one has to do to see that is look. No degree of formation design is going to cover for a flawed approach in QB drops...

Which hurts the offensive line. The line's using the old "retreat" style of blocking rather than a more attacking approach orginally use by Dan Racadovich of the Steelers and then Don Coryell at San Diego. Plus, the QB drop is TOO DEEP and not TIMED with the pass patterns via step. They need to use five step drops, tops. Nothing more.

So I make no appology for this. It's time to focus on scheme and technique. People always look at personel and avoid these more detailed conversations. So Robert Gallery takes the fall for a terrible system. I'm really tired of this. It's time to face facts -- it's not going to work in 2006. The defenders are too fast -- it's like bringing back the old Dallas Flex Defense, even though all an offense has to do is drive block the flex linemen.

Geez, man.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by GRaider
    That's funny because it is basically the same offense that the Patriots and the Steelers use. Doesn't seem to cause them any problems. As I have said before, it is preseason and we are not running anything but very basic plays on offense. We are still working on learning to play as a team. We are in our third week of practices with a lot of new players and an new coaching staff, not a veteran team playing in a familiar system that has been in place for years.
    I beg to differ as I have the 2005 Notre Dame playbook, which is also the NE Pats playbook for the passing game. There's NO....Nothing simular between that system and the Steelers system under Ken Wisenhunt.

I also have the 1999 St. Louis Rams Playbook, which emphasizes a more attacking style of blocking -- but it doesn't use drop steps for QB retreat. It uses yards, but still has a better timing approach.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by GRaider

Also, the Pats system is primarily one back and uses a zone blocking scheme in the running game. It also has a good set of variations of shotgun formations. So, again. No.

Sorry, but I've seen enough and remained silent for way too long.

No more.

Ih8bandwgnbchis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Come on now you don't like the Bed & Breakfast offense??? Jk.... Give the guy at least half the regular season before you call for his head. I believe we are just running a fraction of the plays and formations that we will be using in the season.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ih8bandwgnbchis
    Come on now you don't like the Bed & Breakfast offense??? Jk.... Give the guy at least half the regular season before you call for his head. I believe we are just running a fraction of the plays and formations that we will be using in the season.
    Again, plays and formations can't cover up terrible technique and lack of coordination in the passing game. Sorry.

JustWinBabee is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Again, plays and formations can't cover up terrible technique and lack of coordination in the passing game. Sorry.

EXACTLY. So it really doesn't matter WHOM we hire as OC, if they cannot execute fundamentals of the game.

kbye

Unstoppable is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by JustWinBabee
    EXACTLY. So it really doesn't matter WHOM we hire as OC, if they cannot execute fundamentals of the game.

kbye

it does matter who we hire. maybe u didn't understand the previous post. this offense calls for the qb to have these 7 step drops and the oline to block a certain way. this offense is old and IT DOESNT WORK.

in order to win with this offense we will need our defense to play BETTER than the 2000 ravens.

JustWinBabee is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    We already predicted you trolls would post this garbage way before preseason started.

I'm suprised it took this long.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by JustWinBabee
    We already predicted you trolls would post this garbage way before preseason started.

I'm suprised it took this long.
    Whatever. I'm tired of blindly accepting this offensive crap just because it's "Raiders Football." That's Mr.Troll, and I'll gladly live with the term.

Raiders Football was when we had the best passing attack in the league in 2002 and 2003 -- and that was technique and scheme. The Raiders passing concepts -- using "deep picks" in five wide receiver play sets, and so on -- were innovative. It was fun to watch -- like going to the Mayo Clinic of football.

Why not stick with it? You don't need the same coaches to run it.

skitznick69 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    C'mon dude, seriously. Fire Tom Walsh after two PRESEASON games? Give me a break. The players are just learning the playbook, you want them to throw it out the window and bring a new guy in with the season so close? I hope you're not blaming him for that O-Line...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information